Have you already heard about the Padre Pio National Shrine located in Sto. Tomas Batangas? Well, I explored this place twice this year.
This place became as one of the known spots in Batangas specially for those people who love to explore places and most specially for those devotees.
The architectural design of church is really fascinating. It is a pavilion dome shape, made of humble materials.
Don’t miss these things when you visit this place:
- Attending the mass. They have various schedules for the Holy Eucharist.
- Experience the fresh air at the top of the belfry while enjoying the Padre Pio’s scenery.
- Candle lighting. You can light up a candle and make your prayers. Candle costs 10 pesos each, candle’s colors have an equivalent meaning for love, purity, health, career, family etc.
- Feel the cold water in Holy Water Sanctuary. Most visitors have their own bottled water present from the sanctuary, they used it to wipe in any parts of their body as they believe it can cure illnesses; some are used to drink it however one of the security guard told me that they never recommend to drink it because there are a lot of coins in the water thrown by the devotees.
- Handkerchief and padlock locking. You should pray first before locking.
- Padre Pio’s product shopping. They have an area for the various products good for headache, stomach ache, athritis and many more. Most products range 100 pesos and up so better you have an enough allowance for these.
- Make prayer intentions. You can write down your prayers in the envelope, put some donations and drop it in the box.
- Native delicacies shopping. You have to try the native delicacies sell near outside of the vicinity.
Number of visitors is depends on the seasons. Peak seasons like Mahal na Araw makes the place crowded and traffic for the motorists.